Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Week 9 Storyplanning: The 5 Dogs


This story is The Dog-Husband  by Stith Thompson, originally from Tales of the Northern American Indians.



For planning out this story I have an idea to write it from the parents point of view, or maybe write it from the one female puppy point of view!
I originally chose this story because it revolves around a dog and I pictured my cute pup as the character! After reading the story not so much LOL!

My dog Jake. Personal Photo 2013
-Girl has a dog best friend that sleeps with her
This is weird, I may change it to a human that the parents just do not like! And the kids look like the dad so the parents leave
-In the night the dog turns into a man and sleeps with her
Equally weird and illegal...
-She falls pregnant
-Her father kills the dog:(
I would change this to the father just bans his daughter from seeing the bad boy again as killing him is a little intense
-Her family abandoned her out of shame and left her to die
I was confused as to why she would die...like does she not know how to care for herself? In any case I will make this happen
-A crow took pity and gave her coals between a clam
I will make Crow and old nice neighbor who lives next door!
-When they crackled they led her to a fire
Again I wasn't sure why this was so vital, maybe the neighbor gave her cash for a motel for a little bit?
-She gave birth to 5 puppies
She will give birth but to human children, they will just look like their dad
-She kept hearing singing so she investigated and found that the puppies turned into humans when she went to work
Oh this could be tricky, maybe when their mother is not around they will turn into nice proper young kids and they are very difficult for their mother
-She scolded the puppies and forced them to stay human
-She raised them as human children and taught them to hunt
The good kids could be amazing hunters and this is their secret talent!
-The boys hunted whales and were really good at it
-Crow came back and saw the whales and told the village
The old woman neighbor was coming back to check on the kids as she always wondered what happened to them. OH! I could do the story from the neighbors point of view!
-The village moved back and the boys were made Chiefs
I would keep this but I would include the only girl and make her the tribe princess!

1 comment:

  1. I like the way that you have you story planned out!It would be cool if each of the kids did something different, like one could be a cook because they have such a good sense of smell. I feel like Dogs have a good "gut feel" so it would make sense to have one of them be a leader, especially if its a girl!! Awesome story and can't wait to see you write it!

    ReplyDelete