Monday, April 3, 2017

Week 11 Story Planning Post

I chose to write a remake version of the classic tale of The Three Little Pigs by Joseph Jacobs.





I think it would be really fun to write this as though it was from the wolf, but the wolf isn't a bad guy he just wants to have lunch WITH the pigs. Another idea for this is to make it more from the pigs point of view! OH the wolf could be bad still but make it from his point of view and he tells of how he is so disrespected and he can't go into town to get food or anything.

This story is the traditional story of 3 pigs who were set off to survive for themselves

Piglets Source
~One chose to make a house out of straw
a wolf came and said "little pig little pig let me come in"
he replied "no no by the hair of my chinny chin chin"
the wolf blew his house down and ate the pig
I would chose to write this out and he only got mad because everyone in town was so afraid of him so he was forced to eat them-maybe by like a spell or something? Or the wolf explains how he is wanting to talk to the pig but once again is denied and so he eats him.
 
~one chose to make a house out of Furze (kinda reminds me of a rose bush with spikes and flowers)
the wolf came and said the same thing
the pig said no and he ate him
Once again the wolf would explain that he wanted to simply talk with the pig but he refused. and he didnt mean to blow his house down it was a miscommunication!

~the third pig built a house out of bricks
the wolf came and when the pig said he couldn't come in, he couldn't blow the house down.
Since the wolf couldn't use his typical tactic he thinks what if we met in a public place and he suggests the turnip field

The wolf tried to trick him and told him they would go and get turnips at 6
At 5 the pig went and got some turnips which made the wolf mad
He was stood up! he just wants to talk and it is getting so twisted and out of hand!
The pig tricked him about going to a fair the same way
He is finally fed up with getting stood up and said that he was going to come back to his house one last time
The pig put a pot of water underneath the chimney and boiled the wolf when he came down
The pig refused to open the door even though he knew the pig was in there so he went in through the roof and his last words were "why is everyone so afraid of me"
He lived happily ever after
The wolf did not live happily ever after lol
I could have an excerpt of like "five years late" and the pig is telling the story to his kids! Like tell us again how our uncles died...

4 comments:

  1. This is a cute idea too, Molly. I’m kind of partial to the “misunderstood” wolf plot. You actually had me feeling sorry for him by the end of your post. Lol. I think this would be fun and easy to write and there are a lot of directions you could go with it. I think it’s sad that the wolf would eat them out of frustration. I kind of like the idea that he HAS to eat them to survive, because then he can continue being a good guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Molly Kate, I think you have some really great notes to get started for your story. I love this classic story when I was younger and I think the notes you have, you could make a great updated story that everyone can appreciate. My only suggestion would be to add in dialogue whenever you write your story. A lot of stories I have read recently don't have dialogue, and it makes it harder to follow along and enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Molly!
    I love the airiness of your blog. It’s very satisfying and calming to see. The bolding of words makes it very easy to understand what you are conveying. I like the concept and the new twists you have planned. This will be such a fun story to read. I’m excited to see how this forms together! Overall, great vision.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Molly,
    I liked your thought of telling the story from a different point of view. I think that would be cool twist on the original take. I'm sad that the wolf eats the pigs, they're just so cute from your picture. Maybe it would be funny if the wolf got ill from eating some of the pigs? Kinda like karma in some way. I do like that the pigs trapped the wolf to boil him. Maybe continue on and talk about some type of stew that they made? There are endless possibilities for a story! Great job.

    ReplyDelete