Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Week 13 Story Planning Post: Cinderella! Cinderella!

This week I decided to write over Aschenputtel by Lucy Crane
Cinderella Source

I chose this story as my ALL-TIME favorite princess is Cinderella. I go to Disney around once a year and no matter how many times I go I still get so excited to meet her.

Aschenputtel-German Cinderella
It would be cool to incorporate the German roots
-Cindy's mom died and she went to the grave all the time
In the original we never got to hear from the mother so it could be cool to write this from beyond the grave.
-The new wife had 2 daughters, who were evil and took away Cindy's things
Evil Stepsisters!! In this story they are beautiful though??
-They made her life so hard
-Her dad went out and she asked for the first twig to hit his hat
In the end of this story the dad is not very nice to her so I would make him consistently nice throuhout the story since it doesn't make sense for her dad to hat her.
-She went to her mothers grave and planted the twig so that it would grow
-A bird would grant her wishes while at the grave
How cool is this!! This is like her helpful mice from the original!
-A dance was among them but she was forbidden to go unless she finished chores
-The wishful bird helped her clean
-Then she had nothing nice to wear
I like how in this story it is not that the sisters destroy her clothes, she simply doesn't have any.
-She went to the grave and the bird dropped her a beautiful gown
-She went to the ball and the Prince fell for her
This is where the story gets a little weird...I would stick to the original and have the stepsisters try to make their feet fit, and she can runaway as it is a multi night ball, but not to disappear into the pigeon house!
-She disappeared into the Pigeon House
...To be Continued


3 comments:

  1. Yes! I absolutely love Cinderella! I was so excited to read what you have planned when I saw your image for this story. I definitely think it would be cool to keep the German roots involved in this story.
    But overall, it seems that you really know where you want to go with this story. I definitely think that this should be your choice for next week since you adore Cinderella so much, and you would enjoy writing this story.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I love your choice! I am personally a sucker for Disney stories. The beyond the grave idea would be an interesting twist. I don’t know why, but I suddenly thought about what it would be like if all the characters are role reversed. How would guys and step brothers handle this situation? Regardless of my recent epiphany, your take would be great! I’m excited to see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Molly,
    I am not much of a Disney person, but I love the ideas that you have. I like how you want to include more of the background roots. I think that could be interesting to learn more about the culture. I like the idea of the bird granting a wish at the grave. You could give the bird a lot of dialogue. This makes me wonder what she would wish for. I also like how you include the dad being nice in the story. What if the dad was actually the bird granting a wish? I just thought about that and though it could make for an interesting situation. Anyways, I am excited for what you have and if you decide to write a story based on it I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete