Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Reading Notes: Jakata Tales part B

This week I am reading Jakata Tales with the original story, Eastern Stories and Legends by Marie L. Shedlock.

How the Antelope Was Caught

A wild antelope Source
- I loved this story!  I would choose to write this story for my story time.

- An antelope was super jumpy and a king asked if it could be caught.

- It was caught as the antelope was greedy and was bribed with honey

- The king made everyone aware that greed is what is going to ruin men forever for that antelope.

- I could easily make this story my own as I could change it to a cow or pig and it could be bribed into  a slaughterhouse or something...although that would be very sad. Maybe a dog into a cage!

- The story was about greed and I would have to keep this consistent as that is what struck a cord with me and what made this story so special.


No comments:

Post a Comment