Sunday, January 22, 2017

Time Strategies

Stressful Source
Good Afternoon!
Hope everyone has had a great Sunday so far! I read a few time management articles although being as my major is Psychology the article "The Psychology of Checklists" caught my attention. It is actually funny because I make to-do lists so often that my mom actually got me fancy to-do lists for Christmas! I love the feeling of being able to cross the items off and the satisfaction of watching the list get shorter! I do not take many online classes so I know that managing my time to get my assignments done will be the most difficult part for me. I also read “How to Beat Procrastination” as I have a tendency to procrastinate, I mean I’m doing this on Sunday afternoon! I hope to work on that and have scheduled to do my assignments on the beginning of the week in order to help combat my procrastination.
-Molly 

2 comments:

  1. With your major being psychology I can certainly see why the article, "The Psychology of Checklists" was the one that stood out the most to you. To-do lists are a favorite of mine also, ironically enough I get the same satisfaction of crossing the item off the list. It is a feeling of success for completing the task at hand. Did these two articles introduce anything new and beneficial to you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for bombarding you with so many comments! I'm sure you've had enough haha!
    I'm a Psychology major as well and I sort of remember viewing that article when we did that assignment. At the time I didn't think of myself as a check-list/to-do list type person, but I actually am. I've caught myself gearing towards that this semester, because I am actually in only online courses. It's definitely a great feeling when crossing things off, but I find myself adding more and more each day and week. So sad, because I procrastinate too, as you can tell me making this comment during the grace period. Though this class helps me manage it somewhat, I still struggle with my time management. It really isn't an easy task to manage!

    ReplyDelete